Eight Bells

If you enjoy this blog please leave a comment, if there is something you would like to see feel free to make a request and don't forget to use the search function.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Poussin

I am aware that I have not been paying the attention that I once was to this blog and I mean to remedy that. I started this blog not really to record what we have for dinner but as a way to force myself to write every day and I have been slacking (yes Kate I am aware of how many times I have said it before). I am shortly going to be returning to study, at least part time and as this study will involve writing I mean to get this blog back on track. I also understand that although not many of you leave comments there are quite a few of you who do read the blog and who also cook the recipes so for you I promise to do better.
For those of you who are wondering if this French dinner party is ever going to happen, fear not. As you will be aware we are insanely busy but it will happen and it will happen this year.
Tonight we have a little more experimentation with possible dinner party ingredients. The following is to serve two.



Stuffing
2 slices of wholegrain or brown bread
1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds
1 tablesoon of pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
The zest of a medium lemon
1/3 of an onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of fresh flat leafed parsely, chopped
1 teaspoon each of fresh thyme and chives, chopped
Salt & pepper

Put all the ingredients in a food mixer and whiz briefly then peel the lemon that you zested so that no pith remains on the flesh, chop up the lemon and add to the stuffing. Whiz again. Stuff your birds and then rub with lemon infused olive oil and salt.
Place the poussins on a rack in an oven tray in a preheated oven at 190C for approx 50 minutes.
The 'gravy' that you can see is chicken glaze from Gourmet Direct but your local butcher will probably have his/her own version which will do just as well.
Serve with wild rice and green beans. Delicious.

3 Comments:

At 5:50 pm, Blogger Eleanor Ruby Moon said...

Now that's a meal I want to eat. Now.

 
At 5:52 pm, Blogger Eleanor Ruby Moon said...

Ah, I see now that the word verification answers their question of how many users are stoned when they write.

 
At 10:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know whether to be flattered or vaguely insulted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home