Eight Bells

If you enjoy this blog please leave a comment, if there is something you would like to see feel free to make a request and don't forget to use the search function.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fresh Snapper En Papillote

Greetings fellow food lovers. Again, it has been some time since my last post. I offer you my humble apologies and promise to do better.
It has been a very busy time for me having started at Wintec (Waikato Institute of Technology) mid February and working part time in the evenings five days a week. The Journalism Diploma course is lots of fun, very interesting and challenging (grrrr Teeline shorthand classes). My fellow class mates are a great bunch of people and I am looking forward to spending a very entertaining year with them.
The inspiration to blog has been somewhat lacking of late but I now have a new and powerful motivator and I pledge to post at least once a week from now on (yes you've heard it before but I really really mean it this time, honest). We have been advised by our tutor that when applying for jobs prospective journalists are expected to have been blogging. So there it is, I no longer have any excuse, I MUST BLOG.

And now for the food. The following recipe will serve two, with a very tiny bit left over for the cat if you so desire (or, if you're like me, eat it all and the cat gets nothing).

En Papillote means 'in paper' and baking parchment is traditionally used, however, tin foil will do just fine.

300-400g of fresh snapper
6 black olives
2 large cloves of garlic sliced thickly
2 teaspoons of capers
1 tin of Delmaine tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
2 large chargrilled and peeled capsicum (buy them in jars from the supermarket)
The juice of half a lemon
A tablespoon of fresh Italian flat leafed parsley, roughly chopped
Salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper



Mix your ingredients in a bowl. Place your fish on a large sheet of tin foil and pour the sauce mixture over the top. Fold the foil over to seal the fish in a parcel and bake at 180C for about 25-30 minutes. Serve.

2 Comments:

At 7:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be nicer to your cat Julian - you might just come back as a mouse in your next life :-)

BTW, this recipe sounds devilishly good and EASY!!! Now if only I could convince my bf to eat fish...and garlic...and capers...and capsicum.

~Kelly

 
At 10:17 pm, Blogger J9 said...

If I provide the venue will you do the food!!!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home